2013 Grand Prix Running and Volunteering RACE SCHEDULE
Must be a
ShadowChase member to participate.
So join now by visiting the Membership page
2013 Grand Prix Volunteer Results
2013 Grand Prix Running Results
ShadowChase Running Club is offering even more prizes and rewards to our club members. There is a Running Grand Prix contest and a separate Volunteer Grand Prix contest. (must be a ShadowChase member to be included in the series)
There will be a sign up sheet at each
ShadowChase members, please sign up to get your Grand Prix points.
1. Almond Blossom Run: 1-mile run/walk and 8K run, Ripon---Saturday, February 23
2. Modesto Marathon, Half-Marathon
or 5K run: Modesto---Sunday, March 24
3. Run for Health: 5k & 10k, Modesto---Saturday, April 13
4. Rina's Run: Ripon-- Saturday, May 11
5. Chocolate Festival Run: 1-mile
and 5K run/walks, Oakdale---Saturday, May 18
6. Modesto Memorial Classic: 1-mile and 5K
run/walks, Modesto---Saturday, May 25
7. Western States 100 Endurance Run: Squaw Valley-Auburn---Saturday & Sunday, June 29-30
. Escalon Park Fete: 2-mile run/walk and 10K
run, Escalon---Saturday, July 13
9. VIPS Run, Riverbank---Saturday, August 17
10. Color the Skies Balloon Run: 1-mile and 5K run/walks, Ripon---Saturday, August 31
11. Cancer Awareness 2-mile run/walk and 10K run, MJC West---Saturday, September 21
12. Cheese and Wine Run: 5K run/walk and 10K run, Riverbank---Saturday, October 12
13. Spirit of Giving Run: 5k & kids run, Downtown Modesto-- Saturday, December 14
Running Grand Prix criteria:
Top 3 male and top 3 female point earners in the Running Grand Prix will receive awards. Runners must volunteer at
least two times in the year to be eligible for the award. You will not earn points if you run as a bandit—a person who
has not paid for their entry. Sign in at ShadowChase booth or ShadowChase trailer to assure your points are recorded.
Volunteering Grand Prix criteria:
Top 3 volunteers will receive a special award, next 25 top point earners will also receive an award. Runners may receive volunteer points if volunteers are needed on race day to help with set up, packet pick up registration, and tear down. Sign in at ShadowChase booth or ShadowChase trailer to assure your points are recorded.
Volunteering and/or participating: 25 points
Placing in age division: 30 points for 1st — 29 points for 2nd — 28 points for 3rd
Park Clean-up: 10 points each time for a maximum of 30 points
Race directors: 30 volunteer points. Two race directors per race.
Volunteering at Western States: An additional 25 bonus points totaling 50 points for volunteering at the
Western States Run. Grand Prix point standings will be published periodically in the club’s newsletter and on the
ShadowChase website www.shadowchase.org
Grand Prix Race director Heidi Ryan at 209-524-7110 or email@example.com or Melanie Wiegand at 209-526-1506 or
ShadowChase is a member of the city's N.E.A.T.
(Neighborhood Environmental Action Team) and has adopted a 3-mile stretch of
the bike path near the El Vista Street Bridge in East La Loma Park. Check the
calendar for the next park clean-up. Gloves, bags and pick-up sticks are
provided. Even if you're not a member, we invite you to join us in helping to
keep the park clean and free of litter.
Regular Grand Prix point standings are published
periodically in the club's monthly members-only newsletter and on this web
Awards will be given at the Annual Awards Banquet scheduled for January 19, 2013.
Don't forget: Volunteers/Runners must check in at each event at the ShadowChase booth or trailer to ensure your points are recorded.
To download a list of the Grand Prix events,
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.