2015 GRAND PRIX RUNNING AND VOLUNTEERING RACE SCHEDULE
Must be a
ShadowChase member to participate.
Join now by visiting the Membership page
Must be a ShadowChase member to participate. Join now by visiting the Membership page
There have been a few changes to the results since the first posting. Some results had not been recorded and now have been updated.
2014 Grand Prix volunteer results (PDF)
2014 Grand Prix running results (PDF)
2015 Grand Prix races (PDF)
We have a Running Grand Prix contest and a separate Volunteer Grand Prix contest. (You must be a ShadowChase member to be included in the series)
There will be a sign up sheet at each event.
ShadowChase members, please sign in to get your Grand Prix points.
ShadowChase events are marked in green.
Andrew’s Run: 5k run/walk, Sunday January 4
Almond Blossom Run: 1-mile run/walk & 8K run, Ripon---Saturday, February 21
- Modesto Marathon, Half-Marathon, 2 person relay & 5K run: Modesto---Sunday, March 29
- Run for Health: 5k & 10k, Modesto---Saturday, April 11
- Rina’s Run: Half Marathon & 5k run/walk, Saturday, May 9
- Chocolate Festival Run: 1-mile & 5K run/walks, Oakdale---Saturday, May 16
- Modesto Classic: 1-mile & 5K run/walks, Modesto---Saturday, May 23
- Western States 100 Endurance Run: Squaw Valley-Auburn---Saturday & Sunday, June 27-28
- Escalon Park Fete: 2-mile run/walk &10K run, Escalon---Saturday, July 11
- Color the Skies Balloon Run: 1-mile & 5K run/walks, Ripon---Saturday, September 5
- Cancer Awareness 2-mile run/walk &10K run, MJC West---Saturday, September 19
- Cheese and Wine Run: 5K run/walk &10K run, Riverbank---Saturday, October
- Spirit of Giving Run: 5k & kids run, Downtown Modesto-- Saturday, December 12
Volunteering and/or participating -- 25 points
Additional points for age group placing – 5 points for 1st place, 4 points for 2nd place and 3 points for 3rd.
10 points each time for a maximum of 30 points
ShadowChase is a member of the city's N.E.A.T. (Neighborhood Environmental Action Team) and has adopted a 3-mile stretch of the bike path near the El Vista Street Bridge in East La Loma Park. Check the calendar for the next park clean-up. Gloves, bags and pick-up sticks are provided. Even if you're not a member, we invite you to join us in helping to keep the park clean and free of litter.
Race directors or race liaisons earn an additional 5 points. No more than two race directors or liaisons per race.
Running Grand Prix criteria:
Top 10 male and top 10 female point earners in the Running Grand Prix will receive awards. Runners must volunteer at least two times in the year to be eligible for the award. You will not earn points if you run as a bandit—a person who has not paid for their entry. Sign in at ShadowChase booth or ShadowChase trailer to assure your points are recorded. Double points for ShadowChase races. ShadowChase races are highlighted in green.
Volunteering Grand Prix criteria:
Top 3 volunteers will receive a special award, next 25 top point earners will also receive an award. Runners may receive volunteer points if volunteers are needed on race day to help with set up, packet pick up registration, and tear down. Western States volunteers will receive 50 points, if volunteering the whole night. Sign in at ShadowChase booth or ShadowChase trailer to assure your points are recorded.
Awards will be given at the Annual Awards Banquet scheduled for January 23, 2016.
Questions—contact Grand Prix Race director Heidi Ryan at 209-524-7110 or email@example.com or Melanie Wiegand at 209-526-1506 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grand Prix point standings are published periodically in the club's monthly members-only newsletter and on this web site.
Don't forget: Volunteers/Runners must sign in at each event at the ShadowChase booth or trailer to ensure your points are recorded.
View 2013 Results
View 2012 Results
View 2011 Results
View 2010 Results